Monday, February 7, 2011

packing and all its glory

I have about 5 days left until I leave,  so I am obviously starting to pack. First of all, it is a pain in the butt to get everything ready. Getting money so that I can start a bank account abroad? Sounds simple, but apparently the bank thinks that I am a) incompetent and therefore won't let me make decisions and b) won't listen when I say that I want to buy some travelers checks and also to purchase some pounds so that I have some money when I get there. My mom had to go with me so that they would listen, and even that was a struggle. It's very irritating. Also, according to every store in America other than Lands End or L.L. Bean it doesn't rain over here, thus there is no need for a raincoat with a hood. What? Raingear that doesn't get your head wet? Hah! I did eventually find one that is affordable at Lands End, so fear not. I have also made a number of lists containing everything I am planning on bringing in each bag, and tomorrow I am going to do the rest of my shopping. The fun never ends! If anyone has any packing tips or suggestions for things to bring that I wouldn't have thought of, please let me know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment